Morning everyone! Hope your weekend and halloween was absent of unwanted surprises. Last week Google and Cisco announced a new partnership that brings together Google's cloud services and Cisco's network. The two tech-giants seem to be pairing up to better position themselves in the enterprise - a space that GCP hasn't been able to make gains on relative to AWS and Azure. We'll also dive into the future of SaaS and why the saturated market is going to force companies to adopt more progressive and modern technologies. Have a great one everybody!
New Meta SaaS blogs:
- How to Get the Most Out of Salesforce Using SaaS Management Practices
- The Time to Implement Vigorous IT & Compliance Practices is NOW.
This week's SaaS news from around the web:
- Google and Cisco's recent partnership: why it's a win-win for both sides.
- Vista Equity acquires Datto and plans a merger between the enterprise-data company and fellow Vista Equity portfolio company, AutoTask.
- What is "growth hacking" and how did Slack use some of its tenets to scale from 0-4 million actives users in 4 years.
- What's next in a saturated SaaS market that's 20 years old stiff with competition?
- Four strategies to reduce SaaS churn and fortify your company.
- Learning to let go: As SaaS companies double-down on application security, your data may be safer with them than on-prem.
- Why customer onboarding - an often overlooked component to SaaS - is integral to the success of your company.
- Despite the efficiencies enabled by SaaS, IT departments still need to be expected to actively monitor their cloud applications.
- Three actions to help CIOs expedite digital transformation: from pre-emptive disruption to defining new roles.